Welcome to the WPS Medicare Medical Review (MR) web page. Here you will find basic Medical Review information, relevant current topics, and feedback regarding service specific probe findings.
Information You Will Find Below on the Medical Review web page - Select from the list to be taken to a specific area or continue scrolling
- Basic Medical Review Information
- Comparative Billing Reports for Service Specific Probes
- Current Topics
- Evaluation and Management Resources
- Medical Review Calculator
- Other Medical Review Resources
- Prepayment Widespread Service Specific Probe Reviews
Basic Medical Review Information
Comparative Billing Reports for Service Specific Probes
Find a wide range of Comparative Billing Reports by procedure code and specialty.
- Evaluation and Management (E/M) CPT Code 99223
- Inpatient Hospital Reviews – Probe & Educate Process
- Medical Review Documentation Checklist
- Not Otherwise Classified Billing - Important Information for Billing and Documentation
Please visit the Provider Specialties/Services portion of the website to find other useful information organized by topics of interest. This can be found by selecting the Resources tab on the top navigation bar, then Provider Specialties/Services.
Evaluation and Management Resources
Find comprehensive evaluation and management information including educational articles, questions and answers, resources, and a live video presentation regarding E/M.
CMS E/M Resources
Find Medical Review forms including the Appointment of Representative (CMS-1696), Attestation Statement for signatures forms, and the Request for Waiver of Monthly Face-to Face Visit for Home Dialysis Monthly Capitation Payment (MCP) on the Medical Review (MR) Forms page.
Medical Review Calculator
WPS Medicare offers a Medical Review Calculator to assist with the medical review process.
Other Medical Review Resources
- CMS Medical Review and Education Homepage
- CERT Articles
This portion of the website includes information on Signature Requirements, Medical Record Documentation, and much more.
Prepayment Widespread Service Specific Probe Reviews
- Planned Prepayment Widespread Service Specific Probe Reviews
Articles concerning upcoming widespread service specific probe reviews, including information on the medical record documentation necessary for the review of your claims.