About WPS Medicare
Wisconsin Physicians Service Insurance Corporation (WPS) has served Medicare beneficiaries since 1966, providing more than 47 continuous years of service to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and the Medicare program. Our mission is to provide service and value considered by our customers to be the very best. We remain committed to providing the best in service to Medicare beneficiaries and providers through emphasis on uncompromising business ethics and long-term sustained performance excellence. It has long been our goal to serve Medicare beneficiaries and providers more effectively while lowering our costs and improving productivity.
WPS Medicare currently serves:
- Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC) Jurisdiction 5 (J5) – providing both Part A and Part B Medicare benefit administration for Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, and Nebraska, as well as Part A Medicare benefit administration for J5 National providers
- MAC Jurisdiction 8 (J8)– providing both Part A and Part B Medicare benefit administration for Indiana and Michigan
- As a subcontractor for other CMS contracts
Some important facts to know about the WPS Medicare division include:
- Performs in the top tier of Medicare contractors as measured by CMS evaluations of operating performance
- Ranks in the top tier of Medicare contractors for system security posture as measured by CMS audits – invited to speak at CMS 2013 system security conference to share best practices with other Medicare contractors
- Receives consistently high website satisfaction scores for www.wpsmedicare.com, the WPS Medicare website available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Offers C-SNAP(external link) (CMS Secure Net Access Portal), a web-based self-service tool WPS pioneered, that allows providers to verify eligibility, check claims status, file appeals, check appeal status, submit claims, send secure messages, access help desk services, and use other automated services independently and in real time
- Is ISO 9001-2008 certified
- Serves more than 140,000 providers and over 6.3 million Medicare beneficiaries
- Averages more than 25 years of Medicare experience with our key management staff
WPS has been named one of the "World's Most Ethical Companies" by the Ethisphere® Institute(external link) every year since 2010. We are proud that WPS is the only health insurance company in the world recognized for five consecutive years. WPS secured this honor by operating at the highest standards of integrity and doing the right thing for our customers, with honesty always at the forefront. WPS believes that good ethics translate into better business, better bottom lines, and lower costs for our customers.
Page Last Updated: Wednesday, 16-Jul-2014 14:16:49 CDT